Established in 2002 in Denmark, One.com is now one of the leading providers of hosting services across Europe and is constantly expanding its reach.
Today, One.com is truly a global company. It has over one million customers across 149 different countries, with registered companies in Denmark, India, and Dubai, and support available in English, Danish, German, Dutch, French, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Czech, Polish, and Finnish.
The goal of One.com is to provide simple, flexible, and user-friendly hosting services at both the entry-level and professional level, and the company strives to be able to meet the needs and requirements of a diverse set of clients.
One.com has garnered a considerable amount of recognition and awards over the course of the past several years. It was named the UK’s best budget web hosting provider by the UK Web Host Directory in 2009, was awarded the Editor’s Choice award by PC Magazine Netherlands & Belgium in 2009, and was named the best web host provider in Netzsieger’s comparison of web hosts in 2013. I received a free account from One.com last year and started testing the hosting service out in December of 2015.
One.com Hosting Services
One.com offers four hosting plans:
- Starter ($1.89/month): The Starter plan includes 15 GB of storage, 512 MB of RAM, a single database, a single domain, and SSL. It’s the ideal option for basic websites, small blogs, and email hosting.
- Professional ($4.99/month): If you have a website with dynamic content or interactive content, you will need something more than the Starter plan. The Professional plan is an ideal option, with 100 GB of storage, 1 GB of RAM, and multiple databases. It also includes SSH and 2 x CPU.
- Professional Plus ($6.99/month): Recommended for any WordPress site, the Professional Plus plan includes 200 GB of storage, 2 GB of RAM, multiple databases, multiple domains, SSL, SSH, and 4 x CPU.
- Business ($11.99/month): The Business plan is the most advanced of the four plans, and also the most expensive. It is the best option for websites that are large and complex. The business plan includes 500 GB of storage, 4 GB of RAM, multiple databases, multiple domains, SSL, SSH, and 8 x CPU.
Each of these four plans also includes 24/7 chat support, visitor analytics capabilities, blog and gallery features, and email features, including a personal email address, an address book, virus and spam filter, webmail, and IMAP and POP3. One.com’s Website Builder makes it easy to design and update your website without any knowledge of coding, while more advanced users can make use of PHP & MySQL.
I signed up on One.com Starter account to see what it’s like to be hosted on One.com. Turn out – the budget host is not bad at all.
#1 thing i like about One.com: Price ($0/mo for Starter Plan)
Prices with One.com are very reasonable in overall.
Everything is free for the first year (and $2.45/mo on year two) if you opt for the Starter hosting plan. Yes, free! Plus, the hosting company is giving a free .com domain on top – which will save you a considerable amount of money.
One.com Price vs Others
|Web Hosts||Signup||Renewal*||Trial||WHSR Ratings||Review|
|IX Web Hosting||$3.95/mo||$6.95/mo||7 days||Review|
|TMD Hosting||$6.85/mo||$6.85/mo||60 days||Review|
|Web Host Face||$1.63/mo||$10.90/mo||30 days||Review|
Other key points: Flexibility, reliable servers, and in-house website builder
Here are a few other key points that I like about the them.
- The first year is free
- Flexibility One.com is an especially great option for newbies because it is so flexible. You can easily start out with a small plan and then upgrade later when needed.
- Reliable / 100% Hosting Uptime All One.com hosting plans come with dedicated resources – which means a more reliable hosting environment. This is proven to be true with my test site hosted at One.com – I have been getting 100% uptime consistently. You can see the uptime results in section below.
- In-house Website Builder This feature is awesome for those who want a website without coding, and makes building an attractive, user-friendly website straightforward and easy.
- Reasonable prices
One.com Hosting Uptime
I started tracking One.com uptime in December 2015 but my log was messed up (due to some stupid mistakes). Nevertheless I did some searching and found out that One.com was selected as #1 most reliable in November 2015 and #3 most reliable hosting company in December 2015 by Net Craft.
Here are some uptime charts I copied from the site – you might want to find out more details in this page.
One.com Hosting Uptime – Our Record
Prices are slightly different when you look at One.com plans from different locations. See images below to understand better.
The ordering process
The first step of the ordering process was quite confusing. You need to search for a domain even if you are transferring an existing domain over to the web hosting services. You also need a phone to activate your order, so make that input a valid phone number when ordering.
All in all, the ordering process could have been easier and more straightforward.
Short money-back trial period
One.com does offer a money-back guarantee, but unfortunately it is pretty short—just 15 days. And you will need to pay for the setup fees if you do decide to cancel, which amount to $13.8 per account.
One.com reserves the right to suspend your account if your traffic disrupts its other customers. The problem with this, however, is that they don’t give any specific limit on bandwidth or CPU usage. That means that you have no way of knowing if your account is at risk of suspension.
Bottomline: Is One.com Hosting Right for You?
All in all, One.com offers quality hosting services at good prices. However, One.com is probably best suited for newbies who are just starting out. It might not be the best option for more advanced bloggers who are getting tons of traffic.