To educate and help our users make the right decision in building and hosting a website.
Established in May 2008, Web Hosting Secret Revealed (WHSR) provides educational guide and latest consumer info for web hosting shoppers and site owners.
The original site WebHostingSecretRevealed.com was first started in pure blog format, by solo web marketer Jerry Low, to share his personal experience with some hosting companies. Poor Jerry used to be an ill-informed webmaster. He had wasted hundreds of dollars on multiple nasty web hosts; and spent even more nights sleepless to undo his mistake.
He understands how mind-wrecking it is when you are stuck with a bad web host and wishes you don’t have to go thru the same thing – hence this WHSR is born.
WHSR grew into something much bigger than Jerry anticipated in 2008. The one-man-operation has grown into a small team of developers and writers from six different countries. The site now covers more than 100 hosting brands – in form of reviews and interviews; and has became one of the most popular info source for hosting shoppers.
The WHSR website, now resides at WebHostingSecreRevealed.net, consists of three different sections:
- “Find A Host” focuses on serving shoppers who are looking for trustworthy web hosting reviews and guide;
- “Tools” offers free and easy-to-use tools to gather information on web hosting services; and
- “Resources” offers smart blogging and digital marketing tips.
How WHSR Hosting Review Works?
You can find a lot of web hosting review sites and directories on the Internet. But, not many of them are the same as Web Hosting Secret Revealed (WHSR).
At WHSR, web hosting companies are reviewed from the inside. This means our reviews are written based on our own usage experience. Our reviewer team, lead by WHSR founder Jerry Low, signup, examine, and review the hosting companies listed on WHSR.
Review factors: Things we evaluate
We use a 80-point rating checklist to evaluate a web host (more details here). Things we look into include:
- Web host performance – All test sites are monitored using third party apps, including Uptime Robot, Webpage Test, and Bitcatcha (many thanks for the free tools!) for the host performances.
- Essential hosting features – Does the web host cover all essential features ? Is the user control panel comprehensive and easy to use?
- Support – Is the support staff friendly and knowledgeable? We chat and email hosting companies to test their after sales support.
- User friendliness / Customer care policy – Is the pricing and refund policy fair? We read up companies’ ToS to learn their refund and account renewal policy.
- Company reputation / legit user feedback – What are other users saying about the company? We spend days, sometimes weeks, to dig up forums and interview users for their feedback.
- Price / Value for money – Is the service fairly priced? Are there any hidden charges?
* Click to enlarge image.
These are the people that made WHSR possible.
Jerry Low / Founder
Timothy Shim / Writer
Azreen Azmi / Writer
Jason Chow / Site Manager
Lori Soard / Editor
Luana Spinetti / Writer
Vladimir Lukyanov / WP Wizard
Erik Emanuelli / Social Media
Christopher Jan Benitez / Writer