Blogging e-Course: Newbies Start Here
Starting a blog is not as difficult as it seems.
Sure, it could get very tricky in the later stage; but generally speaking, blogging is do-able for everyone who has a computer with an Internet connection.
If you are new to the blogging world, our 7-chapter blogging e-course is your first stop. We will walk you through all the basics in setting up a blog online to writing your first post.
Ideas & Research
Make More Money Blogging
Research: How bloggers make money online?
|Ad Selling||$235,977||$135, 041||$100, 936||74%|
Ever wonder how much can you earn via blogging? If you look around, here are the answers you’ll get –
Lindsay and Bjork from Pinch of Yum made slightly more than $25,000 in April 2015. In the same month, Pat Flynn from Smart Passive Income made $86,371.99, Harsh Agrawal from Shout Me Loud made $11,796, Matthew Woodward made $26,283.41, Sharon from Digital Nomad Wanna Be made $3,334 while travelling around the world with her family; and you can find dozens more other bloggers who share their income online – from hundreds to ten of thousands of dollars monthly.
Truth is – With the right ideas and strategies, there is literally no limit on how much you can make online. Want to know how? Here’s the article to read.
Freebies: Free Icons & Vector Art for Your Blog
Featured Icon Pack: Free-Sketch
This premium icon pack (released in June 2015) includes a number of common use items in blogs as well as all major social media networks, including Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Google+, YouTube, Dribble, Digg, Reddit, RSS, Blogger.com, WordPress.com, SquareSpace.com, MySpace.com, Evernote, Github, Slash dot, Feedburner, and Vimeo.
- File Format: .png, .svg, .psd
- Download Size: 3.5 MB
- Number of Icons: 50
- Designer: Nikola B.
- Released by: Web Hosting Secret Revealed (WHSR)
Where to host your blog?
“Jerry, Who Has The Best Hosting For My WordPress Site?” One of the most popular questions I receive from WordPress users is which hosting option is best; my answer to this question is consistently (and always will be), “It depends.”
As with anything in life, there is no one size fits all solution – every blog is different and each organization has its own unique sets of needs and preferences. Not to go to apple and oranges references, but it’s like a fruit basket – if you ask which one is best, you’re likely to get weird looks (one, because you’re asking about the quality of fruit baskets and, two, because it’s so largely based on opinion and need).
That said, however, here are some common hosting recommendations I give to bloggers.
|Web Host||Features||Price||WHSR Rating|
|Web Host||Features||Price||WHSR Rating|
Social Media Marketing & More
- 49 data proven tips on getting more RTs
- 5 steps to writing your first viral blogpost
- 8 unusual (but powerful) social networks for freelance bloggers
- Basic Twitter Analytics: Free tools, Excel cheats, and inside tips
- Become an industry thought leader with Twitter Chats
- How to get better Twitter engagement
- How to improve your Google+ post interactions by 8,400%
- How to use IFTTT for blog marketing
- SMM tips for bloggers: Taking your social media to the next level
- SMM Survey: What days are good days to market
- Ways to use $10 to promote your blog
- What Taylor Swift can teach you about running a successful blog
- How to auto publish WP post to Facebook
- How to create a FAQ plugin yourself
- How to display popular post on WP sites
- How to display related posts on WP sites
- How to delete your WP post revisions
- How to restrict author to one specific category
- How to secure your WP login page
- How to set a default featured image
- How to set custom default avatar
- How to stop spammers in your comment section
- 6 effective ways to drive more traffic to your fashion blog
- Blogging startup: Why blogging should be part of your growth plan
- How to create a coupon site: Themes, tools, and tips
- How to create a photography site: Themes and tools you need
- How to start a mom blog: Getting started, promotion, & monetization
- How to start a gardening blog: Tips & case studies
- Why a golfing blog may be more profitable than you think
- 21 productivity tips for travel bloggers
- Blogging lessons from famous business pivots
- Manage your time better as blogger
- Train your brain and stay focused on blogging
- How to backup your WordPress blog easily
- How to be a blogger with guts
- How to speed up your WordPress blog
- Should you disable trackbacks and pingbacks