There are numerous PHP frameworks like Phalcon, Symfony, etc. Yet, when you compare compatibility, convenience, performance, and user experience, Laravel is the undisputed king. Laravel is one of the top PHP framework repositories on GitHub, with 346 stars and over 280 thousand downloads.
However, with so many Laravel hosting services on the market, you might have difficulty analyzing which is the best and which won’t become a disaster. So this blog talks about what Laravel hosting is, its features, some of the best Laravel hosting providers, and things to consider when picking a Laravel hosting provider.
Let’s dive in.
Cloudways is one of the popular Laravel hosting platforms, competing with the A2. It promises 300 times faster server speeds and has high-end hosting features to make app management super easy.
With Cloudways, you can publish applications with one click and save all the development and deployment hassles. Pre-configured solutions like PHP-FPM, Supervisord, etc., ensure frictionless app performance and improve load times.
Additionally, you receive a dedicated IP address and SSD-based hosting to give you total access to server administration. The platform enjoys a 5-star rating on G2 and is widely recommended across industries. A must-try!
Cloudways Plans & Pricing
|Memory||2 GB||96 GB||384GB|
|Storage||20 GB||20 GB||20 GB|
|Bandwidth||2 GB||2 GB||2 GB|
Cloudways Pros & Cons
- SSD-based Laravel cloud hosting
- PHP 7.4 ready servers
- Optimized stack comprising modern cache tech like Varnish, Cloudflare CDN, etc., making content delivery fast.
- Platform-level firewalls and upgrades to enhance security
- IP whitelisting and two-factor authentication
- Auto healing servers and automated backups to cushion app crashing
- Leverage IaaS providers GCE, AWS, Linode, etc.
- Support GIT integration and app cloning to promote productive teamwork.
- Doesn’t offer email hosting
- Limited trial period
- Complicated setup
2. Liquid Web
Liquid Web provides Laravel hosting on high-performance Dedicated Servers. You will find CDN, daily backups, and guaranteed professional assistance. The cherry on top: you get top-notch security services with DDoS defense, Server Secure Advanced Security, and built-in firewalls.
Liquid Web provides high-quality tech support. Their customer rep has been dubbed “heroic” and “the most helpful folks in hosting.” That equates to 100% uptime and a support response time of as low as 59 seconds.
Additionally, the hosting provider maintains a “Sonar Monitoring team, dedicated to fixing server issues immediately, before the customer notices a problem.
LiquidWeb VPS Plans & Pricing
|Plans||Linux / 2G||Linux / 4GB||Windows / 4GB|
|SSD Storage||40 GB||100 GB||100 GB|
|Bandwidth||10 TB||10 TB||10 TB|
|OS||AlmaLinux or CentOS 7||AlmaLinux or CentOS 7||Windows Server 2019|
|Control Panel||InterWorx, Plesk Web Pro, or cPanel Admin||InterWorx, Plesk Web Pro, or cPanel Admin||Plesk Obsidian|
LiquidWeb Pros & Cons
- Single and dual processor dedicated servers.
- 100% uptime
- HIPAA and PCI compliance
- The platform is hard to work with for beginners
- Comparatively cost-consuming
3. A2 Hosting
A2 Hosting is one of the most reliable Laravel hosting platforms that provides plenty of options to get your apps up and running. Loading times of any site or app are one of the prime factors determining Google's ranks, and A2 Hosting ensures excellent site speeds. With the help of Turbo servers, it pushes your apps and sites to perform 20 times faster.
Their servers are also fully SSD equipped, and their Turbo Server use AMD processors with NVMEe SSD for even better performance. You can expect 40% quicker CPU speeds handling nine times more traffic.
The cherry on top is easy application setup. That includes one-click installation and easy migrations. You also get robust protection against all types of online threats.
A2 VPS Hosting Plans & Pricing
|Features / Plans||Runway 1||Runway 2|
|RAM||1 GB||2 GB|
|SSD Storage||150 GB||250 GB|
A2 Hosting Pros & Cons
- 99.9% uptime commitment
- 3x faster write/read rates
- 2x faster time-to-first-byte
- Compatible with numerous platforms like Magento, WordPress, Joomla, etc.
- Free-of-cost migration
- Better SEO ranking and lower bounce rates due to faster turbo
- NVMe SSD storage
- 24/7 malware monitoring
- Developer friendly environments
- Doesn’t offer free domains
- Higher renewal fees
4. InMotion Hosting
InMotion Hosting is one of the most user-friendly and reliable Laravel hosting providers using Softaculous. To keep your online business steady at all times, they offer an internal, custom-built infrastructure called UltraStack. It can manage heavy data workloads, taxing programs, and busy websites. The platform has a rating of 4.2 on TrustPilot And is overall a cost-effective solution.
In addition, InMotion hosting has a reputation for providing dependable performance for business-class hosting. Features like 99.9% uptime and excellent technical support make it users' favorite solution. Also, the platform's WordPress hosting is designed with active bloggers in mind and provides excellent scalability.
InMotion VPS Hosting Plans
|Features||2GB RAM||4GB RAM||6GB RAM|
|SSD Storage (GB)||45||75||105|
|Data Transfer (TB)||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
InMotion Hosting Pros & Cons
- Using SSD as default.
- Very few users on shared hosting.
- Rapid Connections with USA's best ISPs.
- Unrestricted traffic for all plans.
- A greater number of top-notch WordPress themes.
- Strong security features for hosting WordPress.
- Excellent technical support from skilled engineers.
- Excellent onboarding procedure.
- Only “Pro” level account users can access the best level of services.
- The basic plans are reasonably priced, but you must purchase premium plans to go beyond the restrictions.
- You must pay for the entire year upfront.
- With lower-level subscriptions, you are restricted in the number of sites and databases you can host.
5. Fast Comet
Fast Comet is one of the most cost-effective and performance-optimized Laravel hosting providers that allows cloud server optimization and deployment in just a few minutes. It offers the cPanel to make it super easy to access account management.
In addition, a pure SSD configuration makes it 300% faster to access your files, and you gain supreme control over everything with PRO ROOT access. FastComet also lets you alter the server size to best fit your needs.
FastComet VPS Plans & Pricing
|Features||FastCloud||FastCloud Plus||FastCloud Extra|
|Storage (SSD)||15 GB||25 GB||35 GB|
|RAM||2 GB||3 GB||6 GB|
|Immediate Account Setup||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Multiple Server Locations||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Free Website Transfer||1||3||3|
FastComet Pros & Cons
- Excellent technical support
- Weekly/daily automated backup with data snapshots on-demand
- Rocket Booster feature to enhance performance
- Server monitoring
- It uses FastGuard to protect your site from malware threats.
- A robust security suite including solutions like firewall, brute-force protection, DDoS mitigation, botnet filter, and malware detection plus removal
- Limited disk space
- Average user experience
Kamatera is another popular Laravel hosting option and is often seen as a competitor to A2 Hosting and Cloudways. Their seamless management console offers blazing fast and free deployment of apps and unlimited scale-up and out.
Kamatera uses 2.7 GHz+ Intel Xeon Platinum/Cascade Lake Processors, which are 300% faster, giving you excellent speed. Moreover, with Kamatera hosting, you can add firewalls, load-balancer, private networks, etc.
Kamatera Plans & Pricing
|Memory||1 GB||32 GB||524 GB|
|Storage||20 GB||500 GB||4 TB|
|Bandwidth||1 GB||1 GB||1 GB|
Kamatera Pros & Cons
- 24/7 technical support
- Fastest processor with 40 G bit/second per server
- Customizable dashboards and servers
- Expensive managed servers
A Sneak Peek into Laravel
Laravel is one of the best open-source PHP frameworks, designed by Taylor Otwell in 2011. It is often referred to as the “PHP framework for web artisans” since it makes hosting complex web apps a breeze.
Laravel works on the Model View Controller framework. By breaking down the input, output, and web app operations, this architecture helps create well-designed and maintenance-friendly codes.
Features of Laravel
- It has features like query builder, restful routing, etc.
- Integrated authentication and authorization
- Packaging mechanism to streamline app development
- Multiple file systems, including those for local storage and online storage like Amazon S3
- Artisan console to publish packages of assets, manage database migrations, etc.
- Robust ORM
- Excellent testing
- Task planning and broadcasting
Getting Started with Laravel
- Laracast – Expert screencasts on Laravel, Vue, and others
- Laravel Forum – Official Laravel communities
- Tutorials Point – Larvel Tutorial by Tutorials Point
Things to Consider While Choosing
Picking a hosting provider relevant to your apps and migration initiatives can take time and effort. Not all Laravel platforms you find on the Internet are reliable and might cost a bomb. Your Laravel platform should help you make the best use of the PHP framework.
Different hosting platforms have various features and some negative baggage. Apart from plans and budget, here’s a list of a few things to box-tick while looking for a Laravel hosting provider:
- Platforms should have adequate storage.
- Platforms must be scalable. Look for additional or hidden charges for scaling up. You may also find providers that offer a “pay-as-you-go” model, eliminating all unnecessary costs.
- Laravel frameworks can be tedious and time-consuming to deploy. So check out if the provider has a pre-installed compiler stack to offer.
- Platforms should be developer-friendly and make debugging easy.
- Security services should be superior and seamless.
- Platforms should ensure guaranteed uptime with an SLA.
One can choose from a wide variety of Laravel web hosting providers. You might want to gain access to a range of Laravel development capabilities, such as email hosting and internet marketing services.
So, it becomes imperative to weigh your options. Some may offer the finest storage, while others may give away free domains. But remember that there is never a one-size-fits-all option. Compare the specs to your requirements and pick the one that best suits you.
Frequent Asked Questions on Laravel Hosting
You can use Laravel on shared hosting if your hosting provider permits it. If you aren't sure, check with the service provider before signing up for one of their plans. If the host allows it, you can install Laravel manually or via Softaculous.
A manual upload / deployment is necessary if Laravel installation isn't available in Softaculous. For detailed instructions, refer to the Laravel site documentation. Since you may require command-line access, your hosting service provider may offer assistance.