StartLogic is a hosting company based in Phoenix, Arizona. The company was founded in November 2003 by Thomas Gorny and is now part of the Endurance International Group (EIG).
In case you are unaware, EIG is a large hosting company that has been around for more than 15 years. The international conglomerate is holding more than 30 hosting brand names – including FatCow, BlueHost, iPage, Hostgator, JustHost, Arvixe, and so on; and hosting more than 2 million domain names at time of writing.
My Experience With StartLogic
I bet many of you have never heard of StartLogic before reading this post.
Well, me neither. I have never heard of the hosting company until I did my research for this site in 2008. I signed up a year of contract with StartLogic in 2008 to test and review the web host. According to my old review, which was published on Nov 2008, StartLogic uptime record was in the range of 99.85 – 99.9% – not too bad for a $5.95/mo host but certainly not the best web host either. The customer support was a little slow, but in general the staffs were helpful and friendly.
Quick StartLogic Review
- How unlimited domain in one account
- Free advertising credits of $200 when signup
- Innovative drag-and-drop site builders
- Pre-configured WordPress optimization for layman (additional $36/year)
- Low entry cost – Price goes as low as $2.75/mo (3 year subscription)
- Price increases after first term – 24-month term renews at $6.98/mo
- Lack of other hosting options – you will need to switch web host to upgrade to VPS or cloud hosting
- Lots of complaints on slow and unhelpful customer supports
- Unlimited hosting limited by strict server usage limitation
We no longer host a test account at Startlogic. This list of pros and cons is based on our study and research from the Internet.
Please refer to the following list / articles in case you need help in choosing a good web host –
For more details or to order StartLogic, visit (link opens in new window): http://www.startlogic.com