Landing pages play a crucial role in lead generation. To stimulate conversions, they must capture the attention of your target audience, build their confidence with the right information, and compel them to take the next step.
Why You Need a WordPress Landing Page Plugin?
If you’re using WordPress, you may notice that the built-in page builder isn’t exactly an ideal tool for landing page creation. But since WordPress is all about flexibility, you can still build a decent landing page through the HTML editor. You just need to assemble core pieces like the CTA button, copy, images, and forms yourself.
However, going the traditional route of page creation can be time-consuming and simply impractical if you want to be competitive. A better solution is to use a landing page plugin that saves time and helps with conversion rate optimization.
In this article, we’ll take a look at five of the best landing page plugins for WordPress, examine their pros and cons, and help you decide which one is best for your website.
1. Beaver Builder
[icon file-text-alt] Site: wpbeaverbuilder.com / Cost: Starts at $99
Let’s start with the most accessible landing page plugin – Beaver Builder. Unlike some of the plugins in this list, Beaver Builder integrates directly into WordPress and can be installed straight from the plugin library.
After installation, it can be accessed by going to Pages > Add New > Page Builder.
Beaver Builder implements a minimalistic interface with a top-to-bottom approach. For example, before adding page elements such as text and images, you can specify a base layout you want to work with. You can do this step by clicking the top-most tab – “Row Layouts”.
You can then work your way down the menu and add specific elements or “modules” along the way. By dragging an element to an appropriate location, a specific editor will appear – allowing you to edit and customize the module.
You can also insert WordPress plugins such as content sliders, contact forms, and custom menus. Take note – since Beaver Builder integrates with the current theme you’ve installed, the page editor doesn’t have control on certain page sections. For example, if your theme shows a sidebar widget area, you can’t add content there unless you edit your theme or pick a new one altogether. On the plus side, you get a live preview of how your new landing page will look once published.
- Save Your Own Templates – With Beaver Builder, you can easily save your templates for future reuse. You can also pick from a selection of professionally made templates for landing pages and content pages.
- Advanced Modules – Aside from basic modules like headers, separators, buttons, and videos, Beaver Builder also offers advanced modules – including but not limited to icons, number counters, countdowns, maps, social buttons,and pricing tables. Each advanced module also has their own set of customization settings.
2. InstaBuilder 2.0
[icon file-text-alt] Site: instabuilder.com / Cost: Starts at $77
InstaBuilder 2.0 is a comprehensive tool that allows you to create, launch, and optimize your landing pages. It utilizes a drag-and-drop page builder that can help you add page elements such as buttons, headlines, and copy with ease.
One of the notable aspects of InstaBuilder is the intuitive interface. The toolbar animations are fluid and page elements can be adjusted or repositioned using only the mouse. If you need extra formatting options, simply click on any element to show another toolbar as well as a settings panel to the right.
The only problem is that you may need a little time to get used to the tool’s features. Of course, a tooltip can help you identify every item on the toolbar, but the sheer number of options doesn’t make it easy to find what you need. It’s a little tedious at best, but the interface is very responsive and ensures a speedy workflow.
If you want an even faster way to build landing pages, InstaBuilder allows you to use “combos” that comprise of elements that are often used together for better conversions. You can also customize combos to tailor the tool to your specific needs.
- Pre-built Templates – If the number of features on the toolbar alone is not enough to win you over, take note that InstaBuilder 2.0 offers over a hundred customizable templates that are already pre-configured for conversions. Whether you need a sales page or a “thank you” page, there is a template that can make your job a lot easier.
- Image Editor –To make your images look better, you can simply use the integrated image editor that uses technology from Adobe Aviary SDK. This streamlines and speeds up the process for those who utilize a lot of visual elements.
- Analytics –To help improve your conversion rate over time, InstaBuilder has a built-in analytics feature that provides you with important stats. You can combine this with the split testing function to unlock the best version of your landing pages.
- Advanced Page Features –Aside from the key features mentioned above, InstaBuilder also provides you with a bunch of additional features such as a welcome gate, exit popup, count-down timer, and free pre-made graphics.
[icon file-text-alt] Site: instapage.com / Cost: Starts at $29 per month
When it comes to ease of use, InstaPage is probably one of the best landing page plugins there is. It offers a simplistic, streamlined interface that can make page development a walk in the park.
Upon signing in to the plugin, you immediately have to decide the kind of page you’re trying to build. Thankfully, the selection of layouts are presented in a neat and organized fashion. You can also filter the list by selecting one of the six options on top: lead generation, two-step lead generation, click-through, webinar, mobile app, or thank you page.
Of course, the pre-made templates are only meant to speed up the process. Everything can be dragged around, edited, and resized from the main editor. To change the background, hover the page with your mouse and click the blue “Edit” button.
If you start with a blank page, you’ll have no trouble finding the page elements you want to include. Just click on the “Add New” button from the main toolbar to see your choices.
The tool commits to a clean interface all the way to the publishing process. With the white color scheme, it’s easy to focus and visualize how you want your landing page to look. Although you probably won’t run into any trouble using the tool, you can easily refer to the help center or ask for support via live chat.
- Mobile View Switch – To quickly check what your page looks like on a mobile device, you can switch to mobile view by clicking “Mobile” on the main toolbar. Take note that page elements are rearranged based on their y-axis (vertical) position on desktop mode.
- SEO Settings –To improve the searchability of your website, you can easily edit the page title, meta description, target keywords, and favicon by going to Settings > SEO.
- Design Review – To receive design insights from experts, you can submit your landing page for review. You can then either send your page’s URL or capture a screen recording via a browser extension.
4. Live Composer
[icon file-text-alt] Site: livecomposerplugin.com / Cost: Starts at free
Although landing pages are essential for lead generation and monetization, you don’t always have to spend money for them. With Live Composer, you can have all the essential features you need to build effective landing pages.
Live Composer utilizes the same interface as your WordPress dashboard, so you’ll feel right at home. To initiate the plugin, create a new page and click “Edit in Live Composer”. This will load the page along with the plugin’s interface.
Notice that Live Composer works similarly to Beaver Builder, which also integrates directly with WordPress. This means you’ll be working with the currently installed theme for your website. Page elements such as sidebar widgets, headers, and footers can’t be edited through the plugin as well.
You can drag and drop modules from the main toolbar at the bottom of the page to create your landing page. Modules consist of text, HTML, icons, separators, and tabs can only be added to containers, which can be found on the left-most side of the menu.
To help you look for specific modules, you can pick a category from the “Elements” menu. However, it’s not practical to set the filter to “Show All” as it will cram the menu with every available module.
Remember that a minor issue with Live Composer’s interface is that you can’t scroll through the menu items normally. Instead, you need to use the left and right buttons to move the menu. This makes the plugin less fluid, and it can be annoying if you’re looking for a specific module.
- Extensions – The plugin comes with an extension store where you can find free and paid With extensions, you can add functionalities such as Google Maps support, marketing icons, animations, and so on.
- Page Design & Code Backups – You can save and export your page’s design within the tool. If needed, you may also generate and save your page’s code for future use.
- New Dashboard Features –After installing Live Composer, new sections will be added to your WordPress dashboard: Testimonials, Downloads, Galleries, Partners, Projects, and These sections are tied to the appropriate module in the editor.
[icon file-text-alt] Site: landerapp.com / Cost: Starts at $16 per month
A lot of WordPress users utilize Lander to create beautiful landing pages within minutes. Big companies like Cisco, Gameloft, and Capcom trust this app as well. Although it’s not a plugin per se, it can equip you with everything you can ask for in a landing page builder.
As far as landing page builders go, Lander offers one of the most streamlined experiences. It will guide you every step of the way – from naming your landing page to optimizing for conversions. To help you know your way around, the quick tour will introduce you to Lander’s key features.
Right off the bat, you can see that Lander has the most modernized interface out of all the plugins mentioned in this list. It loads quickly and responds well – thanks to the minimalistic interface. Additionally, everything within the main editor can be dragged and adjusted to your liking.
One of the key advantages of Lander is that everything you need to build and customize your landing page is easily accessible without pressing a lot of buttons. From the main toolbar, you can add page elements such as images, separators, buttons, and social media buttons. To the far right, you can modify the properties of the currently selected element such as width, height, and orientation.
An interesting feature of Lander is that it allows you to toggle the main editor’s grid. This allows you to ensure everything’s perfectly aligned. Of course, this is optional since page elements already snap into place as you drag them.
- Conversion Goals – Lander provides you with “Goals” that can maximize the conversion rate of your landing page. These goals depend on your chosen layout and can’t be edited.
- Auto-fill Forms – To improve user experience, the landing pages you create with lander can use the “auto-fill” feature. The app automatically takes data from past forms filled out by the user.
- Analytics & Conversion Chart – Just like any premium landing page builder, Lander comes with all the tools you need to optimize your conversion rate.
What is the Best Landing Page Plugin for WP?
If you want a free plugin that can help you build landing pages fast, then you should consider using Live Composer.
If you want a plugin that can help you create landing pages and customize existing pages, then you should take a look at Beaver Builder.
If you have the budget, then Lander offers the best value for your money. InstaPage and InstaBuilder are great choices as well, but they don’t really offer much over Lander to justify the higher price tag.