Adding music to your videos is a compelling way to enhance your video’s mood and tone. You can use music to help set the scene, create a sense of urgency, or just liven up an otherwise dull clip. Many online video editors are capable of adding music to video, both free and commercial. Tools I recommend include: Veed, YouTube Studio, and Kapwing.
The interface of these editors is simple, so it's easy for novice users to learn how to add music to video fast and easily. We will look at each of these tools below.
1. Add Music to Video Using Veed
If you're looking for a tool to add audio to your video, Veed is an excellent option. With Veed, you can easily upload your video and add audio tracks directly from your computer. You can also choose sound effects and create human speeches using A.I. text-to-speech to enhance your video.
Steps to Add Music to Veed Video
The process of adding music to a video using Veed is straightforward. You can add the music directly from your computer or use a track from its library.
Here’s how to get it done:
- Go to your Veed account, click on “Upload, ” and select “Add Music.”
- You can choose a song from your computer or select one from the Veed music library by clicking on “Choose files” or “Open Veed Library,” respectively. One interesting feature here is that you can search their database with filters like genre, mood, or even beats per minute (BPM).
- Once you have selected your preferred audio file, click on “Add to Video” and wait for it to be processed.
- After Veed adds the audio, you can modify it further by timing if necessary.
The main disadvantage of Veed to adding audio to video is the price. The app is available in a free version and a paid one, but the free version is minimal. The limitations on the free account make it highly impractical to use except to experience the service.
2. Add Audio to Video Using YouTube Studio
YouTube is the world’s most popular video-sharing platform. Part of the reason it's so popular is YouTube Studio – the integrated YouTube video editor. The YouTube video editor is an easy-to-use tool that makes it simple to create videos for your channel.
Steps to Add Audio Track in Your YouTube Studio
You can make videos using your images, music, and sound effects. Or you can simply use a clip from one of the many free stock media libraries available online. Here’s how you can use the editor to add music or other audio to your videos;
- Go to YouTube and sign in using your Google account details if prompted.
- Upload your chosen video file into the uploader and wait while they process it.
- Click on “Audio” at the top menu bar and select “Add music.”
- Choose either “Uploaded Audio” or “Library Audio,” depending on where your chosen song is located (if uploading directly from another site, then choose “Uploaded”)
- Browse through all available options until you find one suitable for your needs – just make sure there aren't any copyright restrictions!
If you plan to use the edited video on YouTube, be aware that the platform is strict about copyrighted content. If you violate any copyrights, your video may get taken down, and any monetization proceeds will be forfeit.
The YouTube video editor allows you to create professional-looking videos quickly and easily. However, there are some drawbacks. It's free and easy to use, but it doesn't have many features that would be useful for more advanced users. The main components are simple trimming, cutting, and splitting videos, adding text and music, and other basic effects like fade-in/out and speed control.
3. Add Music to Video Using Kapwing Studio Video Editor
Kapwing Studio is a powerful video editor that offers a range of features to help you create high-quality videos. With Kapwing Studio, you can upload your video or start from scratch with the built-in video templates.
Steps to Add Audio to Video in Kapwing
You can also add text, images, and audio to your videos and create animated effects using the timeline tools. Once you're happy with your creation, you can share it directly on social media or download it for later.
- Open the Kapwing Studio Video Editor and upload your video by clicking “Click to Upload” or pasting a URL.
- Once your video is loaded, you can add subtitles with the “Add Subtitle” button. If you're adding audio to a video that already has audio, make sure that “Mute Original Audio” is checked.
- Click on “Add Audio” and upload a song from your computer or paste an external link to the audio file you want to use in this field and click on Upload.
- The system will indicate that the upload was successful at the bottom of the page.
- Next, click “Publish” and open your new video in a new tab when it finishes processing.
- Click “Download” and select whether you want to download only the audio or both the audio and video together when prompted by Kapwing – both options are free with no watermarks!
There are also some disadvantages to consider before using Kapwing to add audio to your video. For example, the interface can be confusing for first-time users. There are a lot of features and options, and it can take some time to figure out how to use them all.
Keep in mind that Kapwing is a Cloud-based service, so you'll need an internet connection to use it. If you're working on a video offline, you won't be able to use Kapwing.
There are many benefits to using online tools to add audio to video. First, it can save time and money by eliminating hiring a professional audio engineer. Second, it can be a great way to improve the quality of your video by adding narration or music.
Finally, it can help you reach a wider audience by making your video more accessible to those who are deaf or hard of hearing. Overall, using online tools to add audio to video is a great way to improve the quality and reach of your video.