Review Summary & Ratings
In case you are unaware, EIG is a large hosting company that has been around for more than 15 years. The international conglomerate is holding more than 30 hosting brand names – including BlueHost, iPage, Hostgator, and more; and hosting more than 2.5 million websites at time of writing.
My Experience With StartLogic
I bet many of you have never heard of StartLogic before reading this post.
Well, me neither. I have never heard of the hosting company until I did my research for this site in 2008. I signed up a year of contract with StartLogic in 2008 to test and review the web host.
During that test period – which was more than 10 years ago now in Nov 2008, StartLogic uptime record was in the range of 99.85 – 99.90% – not too bad for a $5.95 per month host but certainly not the best cheap hosting you can get in market. The customer support was a little slow, but in general the staffs were helpful and friendly.
StartLogic today has a brand new website and offers.
Selling at $2.75 per month (for 3-years subscription), their all-in-one shared hosting service include essential features you need to host a simple website – including unlimited storage, a drag-and-drop site builder, mobile-friendly web templates, and free credits in Google Adwords for eligible users.
- Host unlimited domain in one account
- Free advertising credits of $200 when signup
- Innovative drag-and-drop site builders
- Pre-configured WordPress optimization for layman (additional $36/year)
- Low entry cost – Price goes as low as $2.75/mo (3 years subscription)
- Sharp increases in pricing after first term – $14.95/mo and $13.95/mo for 12- and 24-month renewals.
- No live chat support
- Lack of other hosting options – you will need to switch web host to upgrade to VPS or cloud hosting
- Lots of complaints on slow and unhelpful customer supports
- Unlimited hosting limited by strict server usage limitation
StartLogic vs Other Cheap Hosting Plans
While I think StartLogic is an “okay” host but there are certainly better options in today's market. In case you were looking for a reliable and affordable web host, I recommend check out my top cheap hosting picks below (which offer something similar to StartLogic but at cheaper rates):
|Free Site Migration?
|Money Back Trial
|Get A2 Hosting
|TMD Hosting Review
|Get TMD Hosting
|InMotion Hosting Review
|Get InMotion Hosting
Frequently Asked Questions on Startlogic
Who is Startlogic?
Startlogic is a web hosting service provider that focuses only on the shared hosting segment. It seems to have a VPS plan page but for some reason, that isn't linked to their main site and is only available via a Google search. We've compiled a list of best web hosting services that offer a complete range of hosting products you can choose from.
Is Startlogic any good?
As a cheap web hosting provider, Startlogic offers reasonable reliability and some good features such as a website builder and free advertising credits. However, it lacks any significant upgrade path, meaning if you grow you'll have to move to another web host.
Is Startlogic expensive?
Starting at $2.75 per month, Startlogic is certainly one of the cheaper web hosting alternatives around. Do note that prices increase to $5.50 per month after the initial sign-on period.
Does Startlogic have a free plan?
No, Startlogic only offers paid plans. They do include a number of freebies with their plans, including a free domain name.
Where are Startlogic servers?
Unfortunately, Startlogic does not reveal the location of its data centers.
We no longer host a test account at Startlogic. This list of pros and cons is based on our study and research from the Internet.
Please refer to the following list / articles in case you need help in choosing a good web host –
- 5 best email hosting to consider (for small businesses)
- Recommended free web hosting sites
- Cheap hosting services (tested and updated monthly)
- Other hosting brands owned by EIG: iPage, BlueHost, Hostgator
- Other similar hosting services: InMotion Hosting, A2 Hosting, Hostinger, Interserver, GreenGeeks
- Higher level hosting options: Kinsta, ScalaHosting, WP Engine
For more details or to order StartLogic, visit (link opens in new window): http://www.startlogic.com