July has been quite a stormy month for most of the United States. Here in Henryville, we all get a little nervous when tornado-like weather sweeps through. It was only a few years ago that the EF4 tornado ripped apart our little town. Throughout July, we had torrential rains, power outages, time spent hunkering down and bracing for possible tornadoes. Yet, we made it through it and even managed to focus on blogging this month.
There is probably a lesson in there about continuing with your blogging even when facing difficult circumstances. Perhaps we’ll explore that idea later. For now, we were busy putting out a nice collection of information to help you build your blog this month.
First, Jerry Low took a close look at HostUpon. The company is based out of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. They have a couple of different shared hosting plans, virtual private server, and reseller hosting.
Jerry gave them three out of five stars. He is actually still testing out this hosting company and will soon have more feedback on uptime. For the time being, this is another possible hosting company to look at and their rates seem pretty reasonable.
Improving Your Blogging
July was a month filled with tips on how to improve your blog. From promoting your blog more effectively to better tips to reach your readers, we covered topics such as:
- Beginner’s Guide to Personas: Learn how to create buyer personas so you can anticipate what your site visitors want and how they might respond to CTAs and other stimuli.
- Joining Promotional Groups to Increase Your Social Media Interaction: Lori Soard talks about automating posts so you never forget to notify social media again and how online networking groups work to help increase your site traffic and social media reach.
- 21 Productivity Tips for Travel Bloggers: How to Do More While You Travel the World: Jerry Low wrote a brilliant piece on travel blogging. It is chock full of tips about how to juggle the road and work. He packed a wealth of knowledge in here. If you’ve ever even considered travel blogging, check this one out.
New Site Tools
We also offered some useful tools to help bloggers in specific niche areas and a course called Blogging 101 (more on this in a minute).
- Capture Your Reader’s Interest Like a Hollywood Screenwriter takes a look at how to keep your reader engaged from the moment he hits your site until he leaves and leave him wanting more.
- How To Add A Custom Default Avatar To WordPress Easily? is Vishnu Supreet’s solution to that boring old, comes with WordPress avatar common on so many sites.
- Need Help Creating A Photography Site With WordPress? Use These Tools! This piece offers photographers all the tools they need to get started with a WordPress blog.
- We also added a new set of icons called Flat Line Shopping icons. They are minimalist style icons.
If you haven’t already checked out our blogging guide, head over to http://www.webhostingsecretrevealed.net/blogging-101.
This blogging course has several parts.
- Starter’s Guide: Chapters 1-4 cover topics such as reasons for starting a blog, how to register a domain name, types of hosting, installing and using WordPress (for newbies) and how to customize your blog.
- Monetization/Traffic Guide: Chapters 5-6 cover topics such as finding a niche that is profitable, how to grow your blog traffic, and how to monetize your blog.
- Free Tools: Chapter 7 shows you free tools you can use to further enhance your blog.
As you can see, WHSR has been hard at work creating truly helpful content for you this month. August is right around the corner. Some of the topics already coming in are promising to be even better than the ones this month. Be sure to check back every week to see what’s new.