Moving your Blogspot blog to your own hosting is definitely a wise decision of time, but you might be looking for the option that can let you bring all your Blogspot entries, comments and of course your traffic to your own hosted blog.
And, if you’ve decided for your own hosting, that definitely means you’re moving towards betterment.
WordPress as it’s the most famous blogging software on paid hosting is our recommendation, and this recommendation is based on some sound factors discussed here (why WordPress rocks).
Well, here’s the step by step guideline for moving your Blogspot blog to your own hosting using WordPress. There may be two cases for this:
1. You’ve yourblog.blogspot.com
2. You’ve yourblog.com hosted by WordPress
In first case you’ll be moving like:
- Prepare for the migration by uploading few php and html test pages
- Install WordPress on your server
- Go to WordPress Dashboard > Manage > Posts, and delete “Hello World”
- Now go to Manage > Import > Select Blogger and follow the instructions. All your entries and comments are there now.
Now go to your Blogspot blog and download all images, and upload them on your own server and enter them in the posts manually. (This is a hectic job, but you’ll have to do it.)
In second case, you’ll have to:
- First get back to yourblog.blogspot.com from your Blogspot account. For this go to Setting > Publishing > Switch to Blogspot.
- Now change the nameservers of your domain from your domain panel. You’ll have to give new nameservers, i.e. as prescribed by the new hosting company.
- And now follow all the steps as described in case 1.
Your Blogspot blog is now completely moved and set on your own hosting. Experience the new interface and better customization.
More on blog hosting
Check out how moving other types of blog to your own hosting.